4 Reasons You Want A Dry Basement
Share this article
Having a basement in your home can serve many purposes. It can be used for storage, a home gym, or another living space. However, the typical dampness of basements can cause many problems, such as smell and structural damage. Take a look at four benefits of having a dry basement from WAVE Home Solutions.
- The smell—most basements develop that musty smell from the growth of mold due to the dampness.
- Structural damage—moisture enters from outside the home and builds up in basements until it saturates wood and causes structural damage to the home.
- Air quality—the growth of mold in basements pollutes the air in your home, which is damaging to your health.
- It protects your belongings—many people use their basement for storage to some degree, and any lingering dampness will ruin anything stored there, whether it’s couches or books
An easy solution to get rid of dampness in your basement is to invest in a dehumidifier and ventilation system, such as WAVE Ventilation unit. It will help keep your family healthy, your house sturdy, your nose happy, and your belongings safe.
* These fields are required.